Breath is something that we all take every day a countless number of times. Mostly without even being aware of the same. But do you know breathing can have immense benefits for helping you be peaceful and stress-free? The use of breath as a meditation tool is what we call as Mindfulness. It has immense benefits apart from helping you be peaceful and happy always. And these benefits are not all you get when you start practicing Mindfulness. The actual benefits are unquantifiable. In fact, Thich Nhat Hanh says that these benefits are just a by-product of the realization of Mindfulness.
If you are wondering who is Thich Nhat Hanh. I will soon be writing a post with a detailed overview of this great monk and his contribution to countless lives by helping them realize the greatest tool they ever had was their own breath. Thay as his students lovefully call him has written almost 100 books on various topics all interrelated to Mindfulness.
So coming to the benefits of Mindfulness, here are the few quantifiable benefits of Mindfulness I have tried to highlight.
When practiced regularly, Mindfulness…
- Decreases the impact of stress
- Improves the ability to cope with negative thoughts and emotions
- Increases concentration and ability to focus
- It improves the capacity to relax
- Increases cells and other acceptance and compassion
- Increases self-knowledge and Awareness of yourself and others
- Improves life balance
- Helps to gain an appreciation for the small moment sensations and experiences in life
- Improves the ability to cope with chronic pain and other chronic health problems
- Helps maintain the blood pressure
- Better sleep
- Improves brain and immune functioning
- Decreases symptoms of anxiety and depression
- And most importantly it can improve your overall quality of life
Feel free to post your questions in the comment section below. I will make sure to answer all of them. Also, share what experience you already have with Meditation and if you have any challenge in practicing the current form of meditation.
See you soon!