Breath is something that we all take every day a countless number of times. Mostly without even being aware of the same. But do you know breathing can have immense benefits for helping you be peaceful and stress-free? The use of breath as a meditation tool is what we call as Mindfulness. It has enormous benefits apart from helping you be calm and happy always. And these benefits are not all you get when you start practising Mindfulness. The real perks are unquantifiable. In fact, Thich Nhat Hanh says that these benefits are just a by-product of the realization of Mindfulness.
If you are wondering who Thich Nhat Hanh is. I will soon be writing a post with a detailed overview of this great monk. About his contribution to countless lives by helping them realize the most magnificent tool they ever had was their own breath. Thay as his students love fully call him has written almost 100 books on various topics all interrelated to Mindfulness.
So coming to the benefits of Mindfulness, here are the few quantifiable benefits of Mindfulness I have tried to highlight.
When practised regularly, Mindfulness…
- Decreases the impact of stress
- Improves the ability to cope with negative thoughts and emotions
- Increases concentration and ability to focus
- It enhances the capacity to relax
- Increases cells and other acceptance and compassion
- Increases self-knowledge and Awareness of yourself and others
- Improves life balance
- Helps to gain an appreciation for the small moment sensations and experiences in life
- Enhances the ability to cope with chronic pain and other chronic health problems
- Helps maintain the blood pressure
- Better sleep
- Improves brain and immune functioning
- Decreases symptoms of anxiety and depression
- And most importantly it can improve your overall quality of life
Feel free to post your questions in the comment section below. I will make sure to answer all of them. Also, share what experience you already have with meditation, and if you have any challenge in practising the current form of meditation.
See you soon!